The aim of SUEDL is to stimulate discussion and collaboration between experts, practitioners and stakeholders in digital libraries, cultural heritage, human-computer interaction, user evaluation, interactive information retrieval, and NLP, in order to investigate the latest advances in supporting users’ access to and exploration in large-scale and complex digital libraries.
Expected outcomes of the workshop are as follows:
- An overview of relevant work in this rapidly changing area
- An understanding of challenges and opportunities for exploration and discovery in cultural heritage and related digital libraries, from the different perspectives of users, experts and practitioners
- Discussion of how these challenges and opportunities can be addressed
- Demonstrations of systems providing novel solutions
- Generation of ideas and collaborations for future work in this exciting research area
The workshop is suitable for researchers and practitioners, from CH institutions, DLs, educational technology providers, and others with an interest in information access, user exploration and discovery. We welcome the submission of papers and demonstrations from both academic researchers and industry practitioners.
- Proceedings publication info
- Keynote speaker announced.
- Submissions due 1st July
- Call for Papers now open.
- Call for Demos now open.
July 1, 2013Extended to July 14, 2013
- Notification: July 29, 2013
- Camera ready: August 25, 2013
- Workshop: September 26, 2013
Last year’s workshop
The proceedings from the SUEDL 2012 workshop are now available online: http://ixa2.si.ehu.es/suedl/SUEDLproceedings.pdf
Please use #SUEDL2013